3 RIVERS LACROSSE FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is 3 Rivers Lacrosse Club?
3 Rivers Lacrosse Club was formed 15 years ago. It is a 501c(3) non-profit organization with the following principle objectives and purposes:
- To serve the best interests of the players in organizing, developing and promoting the sport of lacrosse for youth boys lacrosse grades 1-8, and girls lacrosse grades 1-12.
- To safely provide instruction and coaching in the game of lacrosse.
- To encourage all members and players in the 3Rivers Lacrosse Club to honor the game and follow the published code of conduct.
How are 3 Rivers' teams organized and who can join?
We have teams for boys and girls lacrosse.
- Boys Lacrosse 1/2 - Open to boys in 1st and 2nd grade, residing in Kennewick or Finley
- Boys Lacrosse 3/4 - Open to boys in 3rd and 4th grade, residing in Kennewick or Finley
- Boys Lacrosse 5/6 - Open to boys in 5th and 6th grade, residing in Kennewick or Finley
- Boys Lacrosse 7/8 - Open to boys in 7th and 8th grade, residing in Kennewick or Finley
- Girls Lacrosse 1/4 - Open to girls in 1st through 4th grade, residing in Kennewick or Pasco
- Girls Lacrosse 5/6 - Open to girls in 5th through 6th grade, residing in Kennewick or Pasco
- Girls Lacrosse 7/8 - Open to girls in 7th through 8th grade, residing in Kennewick or Pasco
- Girls Lacrosse High School JV - Open to girls in 9th-12th grade, residing in Kennewick or Pasco
Any boy in 1st through 8th grade and any girl in 1st through 12th grade can join 3Rivers Lacrosse Club. Girls must reside within Kennewick or Pasco. Boys must reside within Kennewick or Finley. Click here to register your child with 3Rivers Lacrosse Club.
Where should my high school age boy play lacrosse?
There are three local high school boys lacrosse teams in the Three Rivers area. Depending on where your son attends high school, he will either play for Southridge Lacrosse Club, Hanford Lacrosse Club, Chiawana Lacrosse Club, or Richland Lacrosse Club. Please feel free to contact these high school clubs for more information on their lacrosse programs.
What equipment is required and what is the average cost of the required equipment?
All players need to be current members of US Lacrosse. This usually costs around $25 and is good for 1 year. US Lacrosse provides insurance to all Youth Club Leagues and provides backup medical insurance for all players. You can join or renew your membership at USLacrosse.org.
BOYS LACROSSE EQUIPMENT- All players are required to have a boys lacrosse stick, helmet, shoulder/chest pads, arm pads, gloves, mouth guard, and cleats. Starter kits are available for a reasonable price from Mark Funkhouser at Total Sports. Please
for more information. Boys Lacrosse players can expect to spend roughly $170-$400 on equipment for the duration of the lacrosse season. This equipment should last your child about 3 years, other than the mouth guard that usually needs replaced yearly. Sling-It Lacrosse offers a 15% discount to our club. Type in Three Rivers in the checkout area to receive the discount.
GIRLS LACROSSE EQUIPMENT- All players are required to have a girls lacrosse stick, goggles and a mouth guard. Cleats are recommended. Girls Lacrosse players can expect to spend roughly $100-$200 on equipment for the duration of the lacrosse season. This equipment should last your daughter about 3 years, other than the mouth guard that usually needs replaced yearly. 3 Rivers has a limited supply of girls lacrosse sticks and goggles available for our girls to borrow.
How are coaches selected?
Our coaches are volunteers, some with prior lacrosse experience at the high school or college level. Coaches are reviewed and scanned with a background check annually by the Board of Directors. 3Rivers Lacrosse offers Level 1 and Level 2 Coaches Training to our coaches.
What are the game principles?
The game of lacrosse is to be played with emphasis on the proper development of individual stick skills, team play, player safety, and sportsmanship.
When is the lacrosse season?
Lacrosse practice typically starts at the end of February or beginning of March and the season runs through the end of May. This varies by team.
When and where are practices typically held?
Team practices are held 1-4 days per week depending on the team. Practice fields are at the Church of the Nazarene (2402 S. Union St. Kennewick). Your team coach will notify you of practice dates and times.
What can we expect for games?
All levels of 3 Rivers Lacrosse Teams' games are typically played in a number of tournaments in Washington and Oregon. Travel is required.
What are registration fees used for?
3Rivers is a non-profit organization. Our registration fees go toward field rental, equipment, coaches training, referees and tournaments.
Who comprises the 3 Rivers Lacrosse Board and who can I contact with additional questions?
The Board of Directors is comprised of volunteers. Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.